I suppose my mom was right when she said, "I guess Nanna was watching over you last night." My Nanna (great grandmother) passed away, 20 years ago today as well. Maybe she did have something to do with it.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Today is Significant
To Joel and I today, two years ago, was the start of our relationship. Joel was still living in Japan and I was living here in Salt Lake. Since we met online, and we were an ocean apart, we had been emailing for a couple weeks and Joel decided to call me on December 1st. Seeing who it was on the phone, I let my phone ring to voice mail and let him leave a message before calling him back the first time. Now, why would I do this? Well, this is going to sound shallow, but I wanted to hear his voice before starting to talk to him. Having met other characters on Match.com, I knew too well that there are crazy people out there that maybe you just didn't want to call back because they didn't even know how to leave an appropriate voice message. Needless to say, I called Joel back and we ended up talking for almost 8 hours that first night on the phone. Joel had to work the next day and I was doing a charity thing with my family. For over 6 weeks after that we talked on the phone for 2-3 hours a day until we met after he arrived at HAFB. Now, two years later, here we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It is really a match made in heaven!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know you had a blog! I love it!!
ReplyDelete